Thursday, October 21, 2010

Restoration of Elk in Missouri



One thing that is exciting me is the idea of restoration of elk in Missouri. It has always been a dream of mine to go elk hunting. With the Missouri Department of Conservation trying to restore elk back in the show-me-state it will cause them to open up hunting season eventually. Being a resident of Missouri it will be cheaper to buy a tag than going out of state to hunt. I would still like to go out west one day to hunt elk and the only reason I haven’t yet is because of the cost. The Missouri Department of Conservation is planning to start releasing elk in part of Carter, Shannon, and Reynolds counties. They are down by the boot hill but if this campaign continues they could release more elk all over Missouri. I never really thought I could fulfill my dream of elk hunting right here in my home state of Missouri!

No comments:

Post a Comment