Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Horseback Riding

                All the cowboys and cowgirls out there know it has been perfect weather to go riding outside. So you should be putting on your boots and grabbing your cowboy hat to go ride your horse.  I have been riding on the weekends and only a little during the week because of my classes.  I went riding today and saw some wildlife including deer, turkey, squirrels burying nuts, and a lot of insects. Thankfully, the mesquites have died down some since the cooler weather is here.
                If you haven’t been riding that often your horse might try to test you and see if you will still make him mind. Today when I was riding my gelding, Hank, he tried to test my commands. That is because I haven’t been ridding him every day like I was throughout the summer. After I had a little discussion with him he did well the rest of the night. He also did well with the lasso training I did with him today but he still needs a lot more work. That will come in time and eventually I will be able to rope off of him. I hope all the cowboys and cowgirls out there are being safe and really enjoying this fall weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment